Best Places to Visit in Summer – Golden Triangle Tour
So, the summers are here again and it is the best time to get rid of the hustle bustle of the city and spend some quality time with the family and friends in a vacation. Due to the summer holidays in the schools, it becomes the most favorite time to go out for a trip. So, if you are also planning for a trip this summer, then you can have a look for the tour of the Golden Triangle India.
The Golden Triangle is the tourist circuit which has got Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. It is referred to as the Golden Triangle as the three places make a triangle in the map of India and are one of the most attractive tourist destinations in our country where all traveler visit mostly at summer holiday destinations.
What are the Golden Triangle attractions?
The Golden Triangle tour will consist of visiting the different attractions in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. There are numerous attractions to select within these three. The itinerary will depend on your budget and the time that you have.
Here are some of the major attractions of the Golden Triangle: –
Delhi: – Being the National Capital of India, Delhi gets millions of tourists. It has all kind of attractions to enjoy like parks, heritage buildings, monuments, temples etc. Due to the better connectivity with all other states of the country, Delhi is the preferred destination to start the Golden Tour. Below are some of the attractions in Delhi which you should not miss during the tour: –
- Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Raj Ghat, India Gate: – You can cover all these attractions in a single day. All of them are in close proximity and are the major attractions in Delhi which you can miss.
- Akshardham Temple and Lotus Temple: – Both are in close proximity and thus can be covered in a single day easily. You can also include other attractions along with these two.
- Qutub Minar: – You can include this with the tour of Akshardham and Lotus Temple.
Agra: – It is one of the most famous destinations in India and gets millions of tourist from all over the world as it is the home of one of the seven wonders of the world i.e. the Taj Mahal. Along with Taj Mahal, you can also visit Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri.
Jaipur: – The Pink City is the end of the Golden Triangle Tour. The city of Fort has a lot of heritage buildings and other attractions to enjoy. The Hawa Mahal is one of the must-visit places in Jaipur. You can also include Amber Palace, City Palace along with Jantar Mantar too.
These are the major attractions in the Golden Triangle Tour and it is perfect for a short and budget vacation. You will need a maximum of 5 to 7 days to complete the tour.
Golden Triangle Itinerary
Here is the suggested itinerary for your vacation in the Golden Triangle which is the best places to visit in India. It is completely flexible and you can make the necessary changes according to your convenience: –
- Day 1, Reach Delhi: – Your plan will depend on when you are reaching Delhi if you reach early in the Morning, and then you can immediately go out after checking in the hotel. You can visit the Indian Gate along with Connaught Place for some shopping. If you have time and strength, you can also visit Raj Ghat as it just 5 km away from Connaught Place. You can also include Jantar Mantar on the same day which is just 2 km from Connaught Place.
- Day 2, Old Delhi Tour: – Jama Masjid, Red Fort, Chandni Chowk are all in Old Delhi and in close proximity. You may also taste some luscious street food from the Paranthe Wali Gali. Old Delhi has got many other attractions and this will need your whole day.
- Day 3, Akshardham and Lotus Temple: – Visit the Lotus Temple in the morning and spare a lot of time for Akshardham as you will need more hours to enjoy the same. At night, leave for Agra. This will save a lot of time and energy as you can spend the whole next day in Agra being fresh. Delhi to Agra will take approximately 4 hours by road.
- Day 4, Agra: – It is suggested to plan to visit Agra during the full moon as the beauty of the Taj Mahal can be enthralling when the moon lights fall upon the great monument. Visit Taj Mahal during the early hours of the day to avoid the rush and after that, you can go for the other attractions in Agra and come back to enjoy the beauty of the Taj Mahal at night. If possible leave for Jaipur at night only from Agra as it is a 4 hours drive.
- Day 5, Jaipur: – Visit the Hawa Mahal first as it will take a long time to enjoy the exotic beauty of the same. There are the different other Forts in Jaipur which if you want can visit or go for other attractions in Jaipur as the Pink City has got a lot to offer. You can return back either in the morning of the 6th day or at night.
So, this is the complete and most effective itinerary for touring the Golden Triangles. However, you can customize the same according to your convenience. So, this summer vacation, make golden moments with the Golden Triangle Tour.